Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sorry I Forgot to Return My Books

Don't you love public libraries? Don't you love how you can be a member of a couple in your local area? And how each one will let you get a card for yourself and each of your children? And how on each card you can borrow something in the vicinity of 14 items? Yes, yes, yes! Libraries rock.

Oh, but hang on. What about how some of them charge you 20 cents per book per day for overdue fines? Let's see: 84 books x 0.20 cents per day x 16 days = $268.80. No, no, no! Libraries suck.

Okay, so this is a little bit of an exaggeration. But despite the fact that the libraries send me a friendly email reminder to let me know that my books are almost due, and despite the fact that I can renew my books online or over the phone, I STILL can't seem to manage to renew/return my books on time. So when I finally take the books back and pay the $18 fine, I try to make myself feel better about my idiotic forgetfulness by saying Hi, I'd like to make a donation to this awesome public resource. But it doesn't really work.



No comments:

Post a Comment